Monday, August 17, 2009

Named

As i lay here lying on my friends bed while he diligently works on his math homework, i scroll through the blog post of my closest friends and decide to make my own. Each one of these blogs are each simple yet eloquently named. Yet i struggle to name the page that will soon represent the thought and ideas of my incoherent and ineloquent life. Just a simple task forces me to sit and contemplate various possibilities for this one minor detail that people will just glance over if even notice coming to my page, but what is this obsession over the name represent? Is it my obsession with titles? no. Is it my poor attempt to being "clever"? obviously not. Then what could it be?

Insecurity. Thats what it is. The hungry insect of insecurity that takes root in the very essence of my being. It reaches from my appearance to my intelligence and even into my spirituality. Its not a question of just me, but it is an epidemic that plauges the modern world. This never quenched insecurity that constantly longs for that one thing, the approval of others.

The modern world feeds off of this deep rooted need for approval. You see evidence of it everyday; three-hundred dollar jeans, guys rolling around on their twenty fo's, sunglasses on hats backwards. Its the modern obsession that drives people to act, learn, work, towards a goal that grows further and further every day. Its a cycle of life that is needed for society to work. And so it begins, this seven day week to pursue a life of dreams and happiness. A treacherous journey that drives me to perform well yet long even more. Each day I finish yet another moment and count it off. And i have done it. This blog is named. Seven days and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment